Starting from version 5.0 Lollipop, lots of new features where introduced by Google in Android: one above all: Material Design.
While all the time users are excited about new features, on the opposite site, developers can be a bit less because they have constantly update their code.
A good approach that i feel to suggest to all the developers out there that make them save time and resources is to create a basic template app which enclose all the new features from scratch.
This take many advantages:
- You acquire a deep knowledge of that feature.
- You don’t have to re-invent the wheel rewriting code all the time you need.
Today i want to show you one of my latest Android project template which i use as a starting point for app development.
- Toolbar instead of Actionbar
- A Material Design Drawer Layout
- A RecycleView implementing a full click listener
- Sliding Tab inside Fragments
- Login with Facebook credential
A git repository can be found here: Android basic app Template
If you wish you can watch a video demo