Combian 64 version 2.8.1
Fix an issue with corrupted installer package that didn’t allow to install additional software
Combian 64 version 2.8 Released!!!
What’s new in this version?
- Fully compatible with Raspberry Pi 3b+
- Added WiFi support
- Rewritten boot logic: solved the issue with joysticks not always recognized at boot
- Changed system language again to US
- Removed mouse pointer at the emulator boot
Combian 64 version 2.7
After a period of silence, i decided to update Combian with a few nice features.
Unfortunately it’s not possible to update old Combian 2.5 with this new version, so, if you want to use it, you have to re-flash your microSd.
Combian 2.7 Experimental (Vice 3.1 + SDL2) is delayed cause of some issue with Sdl2
What’s new in Version 2.7 ?
- Vice was updated to version 3.1 (all emulators fully working)
- Connect to a BBS using StrikeTerm via TCPSER
- Updated X-Copy to support CRT files
- Quitting from an emulator bring you back to the main Combian menu
- Repaired layout keyboard configuration on raspi-config
I hope you enjoy this new release.
- Sorry, i forgot to change system language from italian to US. To restore US as default, use raspi-config, change locale to US and then reboot.
- If you need to remove the annoying mouse pointer from screen, and set your own resolution 4:3 or 16:9, go to Vice menu–>Video settings–>Size settings and select fullscreen, set then your preferite custom resolution.
Update: Released Version 2.5 and 2.5 Experimental
Major changements was made to Combian64 menu:
- Items reorganization
- Added detailed instructions
- Added Midnight Commander
- Added X-Copy, an option that will copy your rom from USB keys to Combian 64 folder automatically w/out straggling against Midnight Commander usage.
Please Note – Combian64 is now splitted in two version:
- Version 2.5 [Vice 3.0 + SDL 1.2] – Regular Branch (Stable)
- Version 2.5 Experimental [Vice 3.0 + SDL 2.0] – May have some bug due to not a full compatibility between Vice 3 and SDL2.